Monday 5 October 2009

Diving in...

So, first week down and first work 'handed in'. Was an interesting experience to put my work on a wall and stand there with it! It appears teaching has come in handy for something - that is standing in front of people. I am slightly in awe of everyone else's work. Something to aim for I guess.

I have a project to do for next Thursday - Games Mechanics. I have to design a game level, mapped out on square/graph paper and use set games mechanics. I sat and started off doodling a layout. I think it's fair to say that I didn't really have any direction. (First attempt and lack of adventure games experience may be contributing to this!) Jim came and chatted and that helped - I think it flicked open a door so that I felt I was thinking a bit wider and it's making better progress now.

I think I rick going with the first idea I come up with - that age old panic to get things done kicks in rather than spending time changing, evolving and developing ideas. That's something I'll have to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment